Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me,
and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14 (New International Version)
The role of Children’s and Family Ministries at St. Luke’s is to support parents in raising their children to have a strong, deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We serve children and their families from infancy through 12th grade. Everything we do is founded on Scripture, with an emphasis on how to apply the timeless truths presented in the Bible to our own lives TODAY! We try hard to keep God's Word fresh, alive, interesting, and relevant.
This channel is your gateway to more information about the topics listed below:
- Our Nursery Ministry--we offer a safe, healthy, and nurturing experience for all the precious children ages 0-5 whose parents are participating in our services and programs.
- Christian Education for Children Toddlers-5th Grade--join us on B.L.A.ST. [Bible Learning Adventure STation] Island as we learn about God through art, drama, cooking, games, theater, and even computers!
- Worship for Children Toddlers-5th Grade--special worship experiences geared for our younger members are offered each Sunday: Little Liturgy for toddlers, and "Rite K" for our elementary-aged kids
- Safeguarding God’s Children--this program ensures that our children, youth, and adults are aware of and protected from abuse. All volunteers are required to take 6 hours of training on this topic and have a current background check on file with the church in order to serve in children’s or youth programs.
- Vacation Bible School--join us every June for our annual VBS. Registration opens in February for volunteers and their children, and on March 1st for all others. See the link on our home page to sign up!
- Children's Christmas Pageant--dress your elementary-aged child as an angel, a shepherd, or an animal as we reenact the Nativity! Watch for details in November!
- Volunteers in Children’s and Family Ministries--we can't do this ministry without the dedicated support of dozens of volunteers. Please let us know if God is calling you to help
Check out the Youth Ministries Channel to learn more about our programs for the youth of St. Luke's [6th-12th Grade].
With questions, comments, concerns, or to volunteer to serve in any of our programs, please contact our Director of Christian Education, LoriAnn Lavallee, at 266-2455 or by e-mail.